When you’re ready to send a newsletter, simply click the “Send” button next to the newsletter you want to send (you can do so from either the Reports screen, or the Newsletters screen).
On the next screen, specify who the newsletter should be sent to and set your filtering and scheduling preferences.
1. Send to all subscribers.
2. Send to subscribers of selected groups.
3. Send to subscribers on selected Membership Access Levels.
4. Send to subscribers with specified user roles.
5. Send to all network admins.
6. Set filtering options.
7. Set your scheduling preference.
You can target 5 specific types of subscribers who should receive your newsletter:
- All active members
- Selected newsletter groups
- Subscribers on selected Membership access levels (options)
- Subscribers with specific user roles
- Admins of all network sites
Selecting All Active Members will send your newsletter to everyone who has subscribed to every group.
eNewsletter Groups enables you to send only to subscribers of selected groups.
The Membership Plugin Levels option will only appear if the Membership functionality is active on this site. Here, you can select to send your newsletter to subscribers on specific Membership Access Levels.
Select any User Roles to send the newsletter to all subscribers with those selected roles on your site.
Ticking the Admins of All Sites checkbox will send your newsletter to, you got it, all subsite admins in your network. Note that this option will send your newsletter to all subsite admins whether they are subscribed or not.
You can choose to filter the users who should receive your newsletter so those who have already received it don’t get it again. You can also select to re-send a newsletter only to selected users whose previous sending got bounced back.
Finally, you have 3 options to send your newsletter:
- Click the big blue Send newsletter now button to send it immediately to everyone you had selected above.
- Click the Send in background button to let the site take care of it via CRON while you tend to other business.
- Click the Edit link to open the form where you can schedule your newsletter for a specific date and time.